This post assumes you are experienced in installing custom ROM’s and have TWRP recovery already installed on your Phone
What is a Dirty Install : The difference between a clean install and a dirty install is that here there is no wipe or cleaning up of the existing data.
Why or when would you do a Dirty install: When you do not want to lose existing data on your phone, are too lazy to make a backup of your data 🙂
- Smartphone with TWRP installed
- A working USB data cable(there are cables for charging only )
- Download the zip file of the custom ROM you plan to install
Ensure you have downloaded a ROM which was built specifically for your device.
Flashing builds incompatible with your device can brick your phone.
- Take a backup of any important data you have on your phone
- Ensure you have developer options set on your phone
- On your phone remove any pattern , fingerprint locks you may have set
This is to avoid any issues during the install process
- Reboot to Recovery
You can also boot into recovery by connecting your phone with a data USB cable to and adb enable computer and typing the below command on a console
adb reboot recovery
- Copy the .zip file – the ROM you want to install – from your PC to your phone
You can also do this using the below adb command from the PC console
adb push download.zip /sdcard/
- In TWRP main screen tap the Install button
- Browse to the zip file and swipe to install
- Once the install is successful you will see an option to Reboot to System
After this the new OS should boot on your phone. Enjoy !!