This post assumes you are experienced in installing custom ROM’s and have TWRP recovery already installed on your Phone
- Smartphone with TWRP installed
- A working USB data cable(there are cables for charging only )
- Download the zip file of the custom ROM you plan to install
Ensure you have downloaded a ROM which was built specifically for your device.
Flashing builds incompatible with your device can brick your phone.
- Take a backup of any important data you have on your phone
- Ensure you have developer options set on your phone
- On your phone remove any pattern , fingerprint locks you may have set
This is to avoid any issues during the install process
- Reboot to Recovery
You can also boot into recovery by connecting your phone with a data USB cable to and adb enable computer and typing the below command on a console
adb reboot recovery
- In the TWRP tap on the button marked Factory Reset
- In the TWRP tap on the button marked Format Data
the would remove any encryption on your phone if not encrypted wipe Dalvik + cache + data
- Copy the .zip file – the ROM you want to install – from your PC to your phone
You can also do this using the below adb command from the PC console
adb push download.zip /sdcard/
- In TWRP main screen tap the Install button
- Browse to the zip file and swipe to install
- Once the install is successful you will see an option to Reboot to System
After this the new OS should boot on your phone. Enjoy !!
One thought on “How to Clean Install a custom ROM”