This post covers the set up of adb tool on windows, mac or linux systems. To find out how to install adb or fastboot click here
Tip: Disable any security keys, patterns or passwords you have set on your device before trying out any installations. Having a password or lock can cause issues in some installations.You can always set them up later.
adb with your device, you’ll need to enable developer options and USB debugging:
- Open Settings, and select “About”.
- Tap on “Build number” seven times.
- Go back, and select “Developer options”.
- Scroll down, and check the “Android debugging” or “USB debugging” entry under “Debugging”.
- Plug your device into your computer.
- On the computer, open up a terminal/command prompt and type
- A dialog should show on your device, asking you to allow usb debugging.
- Check “always allow”, and choose “OK”.
adb should now be running on your device.
Want to setup Fastboot ? click here